Impinj is the market leader in connecting everyday physical items to the Internet. We connected 7.1 billion such items in 2017 and more than 25 billion since our inception. We envision and are driving a future in which everyday physical items have digital counterparts, digital twins, in the cloud, and in which businesses and people engage with trillions of those physical items via their digital twins. Our mission is to deliver a platform that powers that item-to-cloud connectivity. Our vision and platform today enhance businesses efficiencies and, ultimately, we believe will improve peoples lives.
Our Platform Systems Engineering team is looking for a Principal Communications Systems Engineer to lead the systems development of our next generation of RAIN RFID products. Join the Impinj team that is connecting billions of items in the physical world to the Internet, thereby enabling the true Internet-of-Things.
- Lead systems effort to architect and develop new RAIN RFID products
- Collaborate closely with product management and RF, analog, digital, firmware, software, and test engineers through all phases of product development to deliver new features and products
- Evaluate customer uses cases and contribute to innovative RAIN RFID solutions
- Define product specifications and allocate block-level requirements for RF, analog, digital, firmware, and software designs
- Analyze, model, and simulate digital modem and system performance
- Characterize system performance in the laboratory
- BSEE with minimum 10 years experience
- Solid understanding of communications theory and digital signal processing
- Strong programming background in MATLAB, Python, or C/C++
- Experience developing wireless communications systems, including radio design or digital modem development
- Experience defining system architectures, performing trade studies, and modeling and simulating system performance
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering (MSEE or PhD in Electrical Engineering) with graduate coursework in random processes, detection and estimation theory, coding theory, or information theory
- Experience with RF systems design; developing link budgets and gain, noise figure, and linearity budgets
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL developing ASIC or FPGA-based digital products
- Experience using test equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power meters, spectrum analyzers, and vector network analyzers
Impinj is a fantastic place to work. We're small enough to know everyone, but big enough to have room to grow. We work in a beautiful offices in South Lake Union and respect the need for good work/life balance. We're on a mission to change the world with technology.
We're committed to a diverse workplace and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to apply. Come join us!