The Cloud Security Architect will lead the design and development of security architectures for SaaS and mobile products. This position will directly contribute to the overall cloud architecture and lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across all types including Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and mobile. In this role, you will be consuming threat intelligence, conducting threat modeling and designing robust, resilient and secure cloud and mobile products working with leading cloud infrastructure providers.
The Cloud Security Architect will serve as the central point of contact for Enterprise Security for engineering teams across the organization for all matters related to cloud security. The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect Organization intellectual property globally.
You are a skilled security practitioner who enjoys security work and is an expert in cloud product security principals. In this role, you will be consuming threat intelligence, conducting threat modeling and designing robust, resilient and secure cloud and mobile products working with leading cloud infrastructure providers.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and mobile systems. Possess a firm understanding of the offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Organization and with appropriate security controls present.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud based implementations and solutions. Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the company environments. Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge throughout the enterprise.
- College degree or/equivalent and 10 years related work experience, required
- 10 years experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 5 years experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. ServiceMax may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Chef, etc) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience