Principal DevSecOps Software Engineer (Remote - US)
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
CBRE is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment company, with the top global market position in leasing, property sales, outsourcing, property management and valuation. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction, and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. CBRE serves clients in over 100 countries, including over 90% of the Fortune 100.
The real estate market is undergoing a significant and exciting change – driven by data and technology. Digital and Technology powered products play a vital role in CBRE’s mission to create unmatched value for our clients.
The mission of the individual in this role is to leverage their understanding of enterprise-level knowledge and/or knowledge to mitigate cyber security risk through the support of core DevSecOps services and supporting application security initiatives. They willactively work with the CBRE business, Digital & Technology, and other partner organizations (Compliance, Risk Mgmt., Audit, & Legal) to seamlessly integrate security processes, tools, and people into the business culture providing a holistic security ecosystem, driving continuous improvements and seamless protection/monitoring capabilities globally. Executes initiatives that drive problem resolution. As a member of the team, this individual will work iteratively to build solutions that enable all CBRE engineering teams to move at a faster pace.
Experience in all skills listed is not necessary to be qualified for the position. If you have relevant similar experience, we still want to talk to you.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
· Building backend APIs, and asynchronous job processing
· Integrating and automating interaction with multiple third-party systems
· Developing with modern frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, NestJS, and Angular
· Integrating cloud-native AWS services to accelerate the development
· Collaborate with internal security team members, to further the DevSecOps team goals of outreach and simplification of interaction with business development teams
· Have well-founded opinions and be willing to express your disagreement when something doesn't pass the ‘smell test’ for you.
**Education and Experience**
· Advanced experience or equivalent skills in writing software with Ruby
· Advanced understanding of unit, and functional testing
· Advanced experience with two or more RDBMS, one of which must be Postgres
· Intermediate experience with NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch or Redis
· Advanced experience designing, and implementing APIs
· Advanced experience integrating with third-party systems via APIs
· Intermediate experience with Ruby on Rails
· Intermediate experience with AWS cloud services
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field of work
o or equivalent combination of education and experience (equivalent work experience = 2 years of related experience for every year of higher-level education).
**Other Skills and/or Abilities**
· Experience developing microservices
· GraphQL API development
· Directory services like AzureAD, and LDAP
· Experience with ServiceNow's REST API
· DevOps and automation tooling
· Deploying software into Kubernetes, and Kubernetes orchestration
· Experience or understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc…)
· Full-stack development with Angular
· Open source community contributor
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, and management to take desired action.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert-level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
*Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the position is $113,000.00 annually and the maximum salary for the position is $180,000.00 annually The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program. ?
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)