The position requires excellent object oriented programming, design pattern and visualization skills. The qualified candidate will be involved in the development and deployment of our software solutions to various enterprise systems. The position requires the ability to design, develop, and troubleshoot and debug complex software applications at the enterprise level. The candidate must be passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and enjoy communicating and working with end-users. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Create and integrate features for secure service oriented software solutions using the latest Java technologies.
3. Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
4. Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
5. Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production.
6. Work with development teams in an angile context as it related to software development.
7. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
8. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
9. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
10. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
11. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
12. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
13. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
14. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
15. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
16. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
17. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
18. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
19. Participates in special projects as required.
8-10 years of related key software development experience
Experience developing applications in Java and .Net technologies as a Senior Software Engineer
Software Development experience including: OOP, currency programming, design patterns, Eclipse, Visual Studio, 2D/3D visualization, GUI Development and Service Oriented Architectures
Experience with ESRI, ArcGIS, Oracle, VMWare, Jira and Java
Experience or knowledge of big data solutions such as Hadoop/Cloudera
Strong object oriented design and development experience
Knowledge of design patterns and their implementation
Multi-tier application design and development
Excellent problem solving skills
Knowledge of OSI layers 1-3
Familiarity with geographic locations of interest is a benefit
Foreign language capability is considered a plus
High degree of organizational skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills
Self motivated to learn new technologies, and do what it takes to get the job done
Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.