The Principal IT Architect provides overall direction, guidance and definition of technologies and solutions that support the Business. Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and reference architectures
- Evaluate emerging technologies, recommend insertion opportunities
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
- Lead technical teams; own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality and completeness
- Work and collaborate with teammates and partners across the organization and the businesses
- Provide consulting support during implementation and sustainment of technical solutions
- Perform architectural assessments of solutions, and assess compliance with enterprise standards and technology roadmaps
- At least 8 years of experience in System Administration, Infrastructure Architecture and/or Network Engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in infrastructure technologies including server operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows), server hardware (HP, IBM), storage (EMC, HP, NetApp), and network (Cisco)
- Advanced understanding of virtualization technologies including VMware and Microsoft
- Advanced understanding of Windows Server Operating Systems and/or Unix/Linux Operating Systems, including Active Directory/LDAP/Centrify
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and other network protocols; familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services
- Experience in infrastructure solutions architecture and design based on a set of requirements
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Experience performing against schedule, providing regular updates on work performed, and completing deliverables
- Ability to build and maintain strong team relationships with remote teammates/partners
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Ability to inspire confidence in technical approaches with in-depth domain expertise and clear, persuasive communications
- Ability to work within and champion technology standards and alignment with standard processes and procedures
- Strong customer/service focus
- Secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- ITIL certification
- TOGAF certification
- CISSP/ISSAP certification
- Understanding of advanced data center networking technologies and solutions including Cisco IOS and NX-OS (Nexus) routers and switches, ASA firewalls, Type 1 Cryptography devices (TACLANE), Cisco Call Manager/Unity and Cisco UCS
- Understanding of SAN storage (FC, FCoE, iSCSI) and converged technologies
- Knowledge of Government security controls including NISPOM, JAFAN and ICD 503
- Vendor certifications (i.e. Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Cisco)
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in a STEM discipline and 8 years of relevant experience
- or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field, 16 years of relevant experience
- Masters degree (MS) in a STEM discipline and 6 years of relevant experience
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter .
None / Not Required
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.