McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Risk Specialist - Operational & Compliance Risk
Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are versatile Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the organization.
- Risk Consulting to designated business area to provide advice and guidance, as required
- Sets expectations through Client Management
- Develops and leverages key relationships with stakeholders that enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Takes necessary corrective action when needed
- Identifies and tracks events and issues to mitigate risk to Capital One. Coordinates with applicable business areas to define/ implement remediation activities
- Supports Monitoring and Reporting of Risk Activities
- Enables and supports Change Management initiatives for the organization
- Leads change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Act as peer recognized leader and support in the development of junior associates on your team
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of Project or Process Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business customers
- Master's Degree
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.