In 1963, Pantone revolutionized the printing industry with the colorful PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM, an innovative tool allowing for the faithful selection, articulation and reproduction of consistent, accurate color anywhere in the world. The tool organizes color standards through a proprietary numbering system and chip format, which have since become iconic to the PANTONE brand.
As a partner for color in design, Pantone enable color-critical decisions, from inspiration to realization, for brands and manufacturers. Over 10 million designers and producers around the world employ Pantone products and services to communicate through color, and control consistency across various materials and finishes.
Today, Pantones color language supports all color conscious industries; textiles, apparel, beauty, interiors, architectural and industrial design, encompassing over 10,000 color standards across printing, textiles and plastics. Pantone colors are available both digitally and physically, and integrated workflow tools such as PantoneLIVE and Pantone Studio, ensure market-relevancy and color achievability as technology continues to transform the design process
X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Pantone LLC, a division of X-Rite, a Danaher Company, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer in our Carlstadt, New Jersey facility.
Job Purpose: Develop and improve processes & test methods. Work with VSM and key personnel to assure smooth production of products with highest obtainable quality and productivity. Maintain product integrity throughout the product life cycle.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop, implement and maintain methods, operation sequences, and processes with Pantone operations, with emphasis in Textile Value Stream.
* Analyze and trouble shoot product yield and quality issues. Interface with multiple disciplines to resolve problems.
* Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors leading to root cause and development of permanent corrective action. Exercise judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
* Make recommendations for equipment, tools and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
* Maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
* Create, review and approve Manufacturing Operations Sheets (MOS) to ensure Quality and manufacturability of products are maintained.
* Review productivity and determine time standards with production/operations as well as design engineering to improve efficiency.
* Assist Manufacturing, Quality, and allied functions during product development, creating labor and material standards and work instructions to better understand the new product requirements from an operations perspective.
* Ensure the departments maintains compliance for all operations, methods, tooling, processes, work instructions, test equipment and training.
* Job functions include, but are not limited to those listed above.