Process Technician Trainee
Slate Hill, NY
Dedicated 12- Hour Shifts- guaranteed every other weekend off
Week 1: Mon & Tues- Off, Wed & Thu- Work, Fri-Sun-Off
Week 2: Mon & Tue- Work, Wed & Thu- Off, Fri-Sun- Work
Day Shift 7am-7:30pm, Night Shift 7pm-7:30am
Affordable Medical Benefits after 60 days (Including Vision and Dental)
6% Match on 401K
Ample Time Off (2 weeks vacation after 1 year)
Average 10 Company Paid Holidays Per Year
Multiple growth opportunities associated with the position as well as in the overall company
Balchem Corporation engages in the development, manufacture and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, medical sterilization and industrial markets.
Entry level position to learn and follow current safety policies and procedures and production as it pertains to our specialized food ingredients manufacturing
- Follows all safety rules and job function related Production SOPs
- Prepares color coded labels and tape for drums per standard operating procedure (SOP) for correct product name, product code number, batch number, date, and partial weight (when available).
- Screens ingredients according to instructions by operating machinery to include selecting correct ingredient, screen size, ensuring that equipment is operational, taking test samples at prescribed intervals and ensuring that products are accurately drummed, weighed and labeled.
- Performs material handling duties as needed to maintain Encap production operations by moving material (raws, WIP and/or FP) to any area (staging, holding, warehouse) as needed.
- Performs housekeeping duties to maintain equipment and work areas in sanitary condition
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Other related duties.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor of any incident affecting food safety.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent education. Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations. Good oral communication skills.
Continuous physical activity throughout the work day such as climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (60 lbs.), hearing, talking, repetitive motion, and moving objects (up to 250 lbs.)
Ability to distinguish colors and operate a forklift
Works inside most of the time, periodically with temperatures and noise above ambient level, proximity to moving mechanical parts and wears respirator when manufacturing specified products.