As the nation’s leading bottled water company, BlueTriton Brands is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
When it comes to leading the industry with the highest standards in quality, BlueTriton Corporate is a vital element of our success. Whether you’re based in finance or Human Resources, Legal, Communications or IT, you’ll be a force for good – someone who is trusted, empowered and supported to make a genuine, lasting impression on our organization.
We are currently seeking a **Procurement Manager** to support our rigid plastic packaging buying activities and other related categories, to be located in the Stamford, CT office.
**Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:**
• Lead the development and implementation of Process tools, templates and policies applying BlueTriton Standards to the rigid plastic packaging category.
• Serve as the Rigid Plastics Strategic Buyer and be responsible for the development and implementation of a national sourcing strategy for HDPE bulk bottles, bulk closures, and closures for use on our PET bottles. Responsible for sourcing strategy and commercial relationship with key vendors in the following categories:
o Polyethylene (HDPE., LLDPE& LDPE)
o Petrochemical Supply Chain
• Ensuring first quality, reliable supply to all BlueTriton factories is a top priority
• Performs standardized strategic sourcing processes including supplier market analysis, category analysis, supply risk analysis, and make vs. buy analysis. Evaluate and execute hedging strategies where applicable and other contract mechanisms to manage risk.
• Tracks and manages activity related to internal and external compliance, responsible sourcing and focus on driving cost savings and other improvements.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers.
• Manages vendor relationships, tracks vendor performance, provides relevant feedback to vendors, and develops corrective action plans with vendors as needed.
• Monthly forecast development to support internal and external production to ensure supply both in the short term as well as identify longer term capital investment needs.
• Accountable for added value, cost savings, cost avoidance, and other performance metrics from a total delivered cost and E2E process viewpoint.
• Responsible for building annual material budgets, developing 3-5-year savings strategies (MBS), BCPs as well as monthly purchase price variance (PPV) reporting and forecasting.
• Support Procurement Director – Primary Packaging in development and execution of plans to included recycled materials in the sourcing strategy
**Key qualifications include:**
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing or relevant area
• 5+ years of experience in Purchasing & Supply Chain is desired, ideally with previous experience buying resins and plastic packaging, and responsibility for annual spend that exceeds $100MM.
• Relevant experience in Operations/Co-Manufacturing, Packaging Engineering, Finance, or Demand/Supply Planning will be an additional asset.
• Experience in the consumer product goods industry and/or food and beverage industry is preferred. Ability to manage a significant number of materials/items, across many factories and production lines, encompassing multiple material specifications.
• ERP (business management software) experience required; SAP preferred
• Strong Word, Excel and Power Point skills
• Demonstrated strategic buying and negotiation skills with strong decision-making ability
• Excellent communication, influencing and collaboration skills that create win-win solutions
• Project management skills to support implementation of internal production investments
• Prior experience interacting successfully with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Strong financial, market and vendor analysis skills with the ability to define and create total cost of ownership models
• Ability to travel up to 25%-35% domestically overnight to various field locations.
**This is a hybrid position. Travel required to Stamford, CT or another local facility if not in CT.**
BlueTriton Brands is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ice Mountain and Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at BlueTriton Brands?
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
BlueTriton Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.