What you'll do
Product Designer, Retail Core Engine
About the Position
As a Product Designer on the Retail Products team, you will design groundbreaking products and tools for Walmarts US eCommerce Business retail organization. Youll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
You will build best-in-class tools for our retail team members to create amazing specialty retail experiences. From ideation to prototyping and testing, you will build the tools and craft user workflows that maximize the effectiveness of our search, pricing, site merchandising and item setup capabilities. Hundreds of category leaders use our tools to drive the customer experiences that touch millions of daily shoppers.
Significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise and business sense are required.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work collaboratively as equal owners with Product Management and Engineering to create amazing user experiences that delight our retail category teams
- Have a client-first approach in driving the design vision and strategy for our enterprise tools that will be used by all of Walmart US eCommerce
- Work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to represent the design team and give feedback in product and planning meetings
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research, interviews, usability testing, and other research methods and data analysis techniques to make informed recommendations for UX/UI
- Create wireframes, flows, comps, prototypes, and production assets to effectively communicate interaction and design work and validate ideas
How youll know its right:
- If you can drive results and solve problems in innovative and creative ways
- If you have a passion and curiosity for designing outcomes rather than interfaces
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world
- If you have a desire to disrupt and challenge the status quo
- If you understand that without risk, there is no reward
- Minimum 3 years of experience in UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field
- Experience with end-to-end application (web, desktop, or mobile) design
- Experience working with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapidly-growing environment
- Solid prototyping experience to explore and communicate design decisions/front-end development, Sketch, InVision, Principle, HTML/CSS, Axure, Adobe CC or similar
- Strong portfolio demonstrating work user experience, interaction design, and visual design required (please be sure to submit a link to your portfolio with your application)
- Experience designing enterprise tools is perferred
- Experience in retail and/or eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with analytical tools is preferred
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.