Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. has remained at the center of scientific discovery for more than 60 years, manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets. The Company is renowned worldwide among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for its commitment to quality and customer service. Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad is headquartered in Hercules, California, and serves more than 85,000 research and industry customers worldwide through its global network of operations. For more information, visit www.bio-rad.com.
Bio-Rad Laboratories Gene Expression Group is seeking a Senior Product Manager responsible for product pipeline planning and evaluation of new technologies and markets, including growth areas such as Next Generation Sequencing. In addition to using VOC to stay current on market trends, the role will generate recommendations for pipeline planning to support the strategic direction of the gene expression business. The role requires working closely with business development and research and development to evaluate new application and technology areas. Direct interaction with sales teams and customers is required to understand customer needs and stay abreast of market conditions. As a member of a team, the Senior Product Manager will work in collaboration with other product managers, who are directly responsible for the global strategic marketing plan, product positioning, and KOL development.
- Specific include but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of existing products and ensure their commercial success.
- Serve as marketing lead and Product Owner for New Product Development projects.
- Use VOC to develop recommendations for new products and application areas that will expand the breadth of the portfolio and accomplish the business goals while ensuring the strategy provides market differentiation.
- Develop and execute new product development plans to achieve business goals.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates, provide business insights, identify market needs and trends, and become beta testers for new products.
- Develop business cases with ROI analysis for new products/partnerships.
- Analyze and report competitive technologies, application trends and workflow opportunities.
- Evaluate IP landscape in order to advise business direction across multiple technologies.
- Keep current on developments in genomics applications.
- BS or equivalent in a life science discipline required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 2+ years of product marketing in Life Sciences.
- Experience in Genomics/Gene Expression applications. Direct experience in Next Generation Sequencing highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in new product development and commercialization of Genomics reagents and consumables.
- Ability to present both high level and detailed information for multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and sales.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.