Path Construction is seeking an individual in the Chicago area ready to elevate into a higher, dynamic leadership role. Specifically, this position is for an intelligent, performance-driven construction leader ready to flourish in a dynamic growth-driven environment. This individual is a proven, experienced professional with a track record of success executing multiple aspects of the construction process and business in their current position but is looking for career advancement potential substantially beyond that which is available in their present environment. Strong leadership abilities, an established reputation for industry excellence, a deep understanding of the mechanics of construction and estimating along with good management and communication skills are important characteristics this candidate will possess.
The Path Construction organization has a proven record of strong, consistent growth. In just 10 years, we have completed a substantial number of projects in both the private and public sectors. We have established full service offices in three states and have projects underway throughout the country. Path was founded by business leaders with direct experience growing companies into industry leaders. As we continue our plan of strength and growth we are looking to secure a few select leaders to play a key role in the expansion of our market sectors and geographical reach. Ultimately, our goal is to offer a mutually advantageous opportunity for the selected individual and Path.
Our Project Executives/Business Group Leaders orchestrate the construction of multiple successful projects simultaneously and are experts in all facets of managing a construction project. Path is looking for leaders who are self-motivated and determined to develop the best project teams within our industry.
Duties for Project Executive/Business Group Leaders include:
· Managing multiple project teams to deliver successful and profitable projects.
· Overseeing pre-construction activities such as subcontractor pre-qualifications,
· Running pre-construction meetings, value engineering, and estimating
· Establishing budget controls and assuming responsibility for profits and losses
· Analyzing and mitigating risk on projects
· Project scheduling, including pre-construction activities
· Oversight of project claims and resolution
· Review design documents and verify complete and accurate scopes
· Review design documents and identify scope items with cost implications
· Identify and resolve design conflicts and missing information by preparing, tracking, submitting, and distributing pre-construction RFI’s
· Oversee and facilitate purchasing and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders.
· Manage project controls for safety, quality, owner relations, and profitability
· Responsible to seek out and retain both new and existing clients through industry contacts and business development efforts
Project Executives/Business Group Leaders must have the following experience and be proficient in the use and execution of the following systems:
· 10+ years of building and construction management experience
· Degree in engineering or construction management preferred
· Proficient in estimating, scheduling, cost controls and financial reporting
· OSHA Site Safety Experience
· Proven experience in multiple asset classes within the construction industry
· Proficient in Pre-Construction standards and procedures
· Expert in building systems and assemblies
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite along with Sage, Primavera, and MS Project
· Strong work ethic and desire to work in a team environment and grow the company
· Must be willing to travel (1-2 times per month)
See all the exciting things taking place at Path Construction by visiting us at www.pathcc.com.
For the right Project Executive/Business Group Leader, we offer:
· Competitive Compensation
· Medical Insurance
· Company Cell Phone and Computer, Travel Reimbursement
· Bonus Structure