Manages projects to ensure that each is delivered on time and in line with Atkinson and customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Develops project schedules that are compatible with customer needs and internal department capability.
2. Coordinates project activities and meetings.
3. Closely monitors project progress throughout the project cycle to ensure on-time delivery and budget attainment.
4. Communicates with customers to address project issues and warranty issues, and maintain documentation of the same.
5. Work with internal departments to address project issues and warranty issues, and ensures good communication.
6. Generates and presents written reports concerning projects status.
7. Completes and maintains documents related to customer contacts and complaints.
8. Maximizes gross profit of projects.
9. Maintains acceptable accounts receivable turns.
10. Generates all documentations to support the project invoice cycle.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (list below, if applicable):
A. Equipment Used: General office machines (telephone, computer, fax, copier, etc.)
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: PM Certification preferred
C. Knowledge/Skills: Outstanding oral/written communication skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to use common word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Oracle) and project planning/scheduling software (e.g., Microsoft Projects, Primavera)
D. Education/Experience: At least 2 years previous experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Bachelors Degree (in business or technical field) preferred.
E. Language Skills: The ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts and technical procedures, to write professional business correspondence and reports and to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from customers, groups of managers, or technical representatives is preferred.
F. Mathematical Skills: The ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages, to draw and interpret graphs and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, decimals, and basic algebra and geometry to practical situations is preferred.
G. Reasoning Ability: The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists and to interpret a variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is preferred.
H. Attendance Requirement: Regular attendance during office hours and overtime as required.
I. Travel Requirement: Occasional overnight travel maybe required for customer/job site visits.
J. Physical Demands: Office position, primarily sedentary. Approximately 2/3 of the time is spent seated, talking/hearing, reading, and using hands/fingers to write, type, etc. Generally requires clear vision of 20 inches or less.
K. Work Environment: Temperature-controlled office with moderate noise level.