POSITION SUMMARY: The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing the clinical/medical oversight of Mountain Springs Recovery’ Detoxification and Residential Programs. The Nurse Practitioner oversees and supervises the Director of Nursing and is responsible for the onsite medical staff which is made up of RN’s and LVN’s. This includes ensuring timely implementation, reporting, and documentation of a variety of functions including safety, quality improvement, and compliance standards. The Nurse Practitioner also performs direct services to clients including Initial Psych Evaluation, H&P Assessment, Detox Follow up Evaluation, Residential Follow up Evaluation and providing group therapies as needed. The Nurse Practitioner’s position is responsible for supervising/signing off on all behavioral health services administered by the medical team. The Nurse Practitioner will lead weekly supervision meetings with the Director of Nursing to provide information and education to ensure all services are delivered appropriately.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and provide appropriate detox services, medical consultation, and referral as needed under the supervision of the Medical Director.
- Participate in the on-call duties.
- Medication management and any necessary client follow-ups.
- History and physical assessments.
- Participation in Initial Detox treatment planning and discharge planning.
- Complete medical record documentation in a timely manner.
- Adherence to facility policy and procedures, State and Federal law.
- Consults with the physician regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Initiates and/or recommends medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatment and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy.
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Counsels patients about health and illness’ and promotes health maintenance
- Collaborates with the clinical team regarding the patient’s treatment, health and illness prevention.
- Considers the age of the client and emotional stability when determining appropriate treatments.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results.
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from clients and their parents, spouses or guardians as needed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge: The incumbent will:
- Possess a basic knowledge of administrative functions including, interpersonal communications, office etiquette, and computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of psychiatric education and treatment of the chemically dependent population.
- Possess strong clinically ethical standards.
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological symptom management techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of HIPAA regulations and CFR 42 requirements.
- Possess a basic understanding of report generation, graphical analysis, and data interpretation.
- Possess effectiveness in building/organizing department trainings, group curriculum and quality control standards within the medical department.
- Patient Care – Excellent bedside manner and communication skills are essential handling clients and their cases.
Abilities: To excel in this position the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in efficient and effective ways.
- Ethics – Treat clients, staff, co-workers, visitors, contractors, and guests of Mountain Springs Recovery with respect and dignity; work ethically and uphold the values and standards or Mountain Springs Recovery.
- Attendance, Punctuality, Reliability – Arrive on-site, on-time, as scheduled, consistently with a professional disposition. Ensure all work responsibilities are covered in the event of an absence or scheduled vacation.
- Leadership – Constant development of staff, co-workers and clients, in effort to achieve each individual’s highest potential.
- Strong Character – Staying calm under pressure is essential. Having an approachable demeanor without compromising Mountain Springs Standards of ethics and workmanship.
- Organization – Must be highly organized and efficient in managing the necessary daily client/staff demands and tasks associated with them.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERENCES: The following requirements and preferences will be evaluated and verified to establish employment eligibility.
- 2-5 Years of experience in PMHNP practice preferred.
- 1-3 Years of management preferred
- 1-3 Year of experience utilizing Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Current Malpractice Insurance
- Current RN & NP Licensures with emphasis in Psychiatric.
- Past experience working with electronic medical records is a plus.
- Master’s degree.
- Colorado State Prescriptive Authority
- Utilization Review experience is a plus.
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to clients of all ages.
- Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations.
Mountain Springs Recovery is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years