ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the ArcBest team. As a member, you will be responsible for handling and processing invoices which are due and payable by ArcBest subsidiaries to partner carriers in an accurate and timely manner.
Your contribution may include:
* Open and scan invoices into the AP indexing queue
* Index all items in the AP index queue for payment processing
* Process invoices for payment
* Scan manually approved invoices to AP paid records
* File all scanned invoice copies
* Transfer scanned invoice copies to records storage
* Approve vendor setups and corrections
* Contact carriers to secure documents needed
* Handle past due and balance due invoices
* Resolve aged payables
* Recover overpayments or payments made in error
* Image documents
* Handle questions with vendors
* Resolve problems with internal and external customers
* Maintain a positive attitude and high level of customer service with both internal and external customers
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will be a member of the ArcBest Finance and Accounting: Accounts Payable Team. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
* Bachelor's degree, preferred
* Experience in payables and invoicing would be considered valuable
* Proficient in typing, ten key, and Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent problem solving and organization skills
* Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact  firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8963. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability."
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability