Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a purchasing coordinator for our seed team. Must have strong customer service and data entry skills. Ag experience a strong plus but not required. Must be willing to pitch in and be a team player. This role is located in Sioux Falls, SD.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for the coordination of product acquisition, shipment and product transfers across locations to ensure movement of product inventory based on customer/branch needs. The position also provides assistance in all aspects of customer service including product sourcing, purchase order processing, and inventory coordination. Successful performance in the role relies on timely and accurate agricultural product ordering and collaboration with customer-facing teams to ensure timely inventory supply.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in a purchasing role
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years previous experience within the agricultural industry
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical applications
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports
- Previous experience with JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning order entry system preferred. JD Edwardss practices and process training will be provided, as necessary.
- Proficiency with computers to intermediate level utilizing Microsoft Windows Office Suite Programs, with a strong emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to respond professionally to common inquiries or complaints from other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal and written) for interaction with customers, fellow employees (via verbal, telephone and email) and the general public, including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information for long periods of time
- Must have strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Must be a self-starter with strong time management skills
- Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Responsible for processing requisitions in coordination with suppliers for orders created by locations (sourcing materials, processing orders and preparing paperwork for pickup or delivery and completing applicable paperwork in an accurate and timely manner to ensure satisfactory invoicing/billing)
- Responsible for inventory tracking and control and potential coordination of transfers of products between locations.
- Responsible for ongoing communications, both verbally and in writing, with locations on order and freight status.
- Analyze inventory data and reports to make cost-effective purchasing decisions
- Makes use of standard office equipment: computer software and programs, postage machines, copier machines, etc. to effectively perform all aspects of position responsibilities
- Provides backup and assistance to other purchasing coordinators
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, to develop and advance skill set and knowledge base
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyedover ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industrys best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)