PySpark Hadoop Developer
Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Key role in analytical or data intelligence projects working with Data Engineers and Data Scientists
- Translate business and data requirements into data models
- Perform exploratory data analysis to confirm data integrity and to derive appropriate analytical attributes.
- Build preliminary statistical models. Translate models in plain English business language to cross functional teams.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams to determine analysis and implementation requirements.
- Instantiate data tables and sources on demand
- Access to upstream, well-connected, liaison to IT, CSDF, and data stewards
- EDNA request management - must work with the team to learn this application quickly
- Threading; SME on primary and foreign key
- Operationalize predictive models
- Data Modeling in Big Data/Hadoop environment is a mandatory requirement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data mining and analysis, statistical modelling or related work
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Python, and SQL extensive experience
- API calling / scripting, must have experience in creating APIs
- Familiarity with Statistics and Data Science
- Google Cloud Platform, Snowflake
- Familiarity with Data Science
Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.