Morson International is currently seeking for a Quality Inspector to join our client's team of professionals at a leading Aerospace manufacturer. This is an opportunity for a Quality Inspectorto work with an international Aerospace Manufacturer servicing some of the most prestigious names in the world in Aerospace.
Under routine supervision, Inspects raw material and components such as sheet metal parts, casting, sub-assemblies, (which may include machined parts) for conformance to the quality requirements as defined on the P.O. customer specifications and/or applicable company documents.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Uses and/or interprets Engineering drawings, specifications, and written or verbal instructions to accomplish work assignments.
2. Use of various precision measuring tools/instruments and surface plate set-ups to insure conformance prior to acceptance.
3. Complete forms as required to handle non-conformances with the actual hardware or paperwork ie. certs, P.O., etc.
4. May require use of forklift or company vehicle.
5. Performs inspections and maintains records on any item returned to the company from customer.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force
Prolonged periods of standing
Requires repetitive use of hands
May require sitting, walking, bending over, crawling, climbing reaching over, crouching kneeling, balancing, grasping and pushing or pulling
May require fine manual dexterity
Requires good visual acuity
Requires 4 years experience as a General Inspector of electro mechanical, machined, sheet metal parts and/or assemblies including proficiency in record keeping and handling of non-conforming material, preferably aerospace. Must be familiar with sales orders and master schedule plus purchasing and quality requirements and be able to read and follow shop planning and operation sheets. Must possess basic math skills and be able to safely operate equipment such as forklift (requires a valid California state drivers license and the ability to obtain a forklift operator license), overhead crane, etc. APICS certification a plus.