Responsible for reviewing PRI’s and other supportive documentation, evaluation for appropriateness of admission and the coordination of the admission of residents to the facility in a manner that is supportive of Archcare and Mary Manning Walsh Home’s Mission and Values.
• Collaborates with patient or representative and interdisciplinary team to ensure seamless transfer to the facility, including the discharge plan.
• Acts as the single point of decision making for admissions, collaboration as indicated.
• Completes a pre-admission assessment identifying medical, social issues and financial coverage in conjunction with the Admissions Manager.
• Analyzes the resident needs and coordinates with facility services to plan for an appropriate facility placement.
• Regularly reviews the master discharge schedule.
• Participates in quality improvement processes.
• Acts as an initial contact for discharge and transfer of patients from area hospitals and other care settings to the facility.
• May act as a liaison between physician and patient (or representative) and between patient and referral sources and the facility.
• Review appropriateness of patient care information. Facilitates reconciliation of accurate discharge information/physician orders.
• Communicates regularly with hospital and post acute facility social service staff to ensure smooth communications and avoid duplication of efforts. As part of this on-going communication, maintain current daily census, acuity level and service availability information for each unit of the facility.
• Assist in the reduction of hospital readmission rates by obtaining the most current, complete and relevant medical/clinical information for the Mary Manning Walsh Home.
• Coordinates and ensures completion and submission of all necessary HMO documentation requirements by appropriate staff.
• A minimum three years experience in case management for post-acute, Medicare or long-term care (preferred)
• Current licensure as an RN in the State of NY
• Valid PRI certification
• Current BLS Certification
• An ability to successfully market the services of an organization
• An understanding of managed care concepts and experience in working with physicians, discharge planners and consumers
• Must be computer literate and must have a
Street: ArchCare at Mary Manning Walsh Home
Shift Start Time: 9:00 am
Shift End Time: 5:00 pm
# Hours: 37.5
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/
Post End Date: 10/28/2022