Welcome to St. Johns Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning, facilitating and advocating for options and services through a continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of care. The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs, cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions . In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance setting is required. If operational conditions permit, training a candidate without the required experience may be considered.
- Current CA Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation
- CM certification preferred
- BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred.
- A Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case Management can serve as a substitute for the experience requirement.
- Bilingual skills in other languages is preferred.