Tulane Medical Center Downtown New Orleans, LA
RN, Clinical Supervisor (Board Runner) Surgical Services
Tulane Health System invites you to a night of fun, music and taking your nursing career to center stage. Register today for our RN Hiring Event on August 22nd at Rock N' Bowl!
GREAT PRIZES RAFFLED OFF EVERY HOUR!
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.
Practicing on medicine's leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a Clinical Supervisor in Surgical Services.
The Clinical Supervisor demonstrates clinical expertise in the Surgery Department. Manages the daily unit activities and human resources. Responsible for assisting clinical and operations managers in implementing hospital/departmental and/or service line goals within nursing unit. Accountable for the service quality within the overall guidelines set by the Department Director. Assesses, plans, evaluate, and documents the clinical care process of assigned care unit/ as needed. Assigns duties to professional and ancillary personnel based on patients' needs, available staff, and unit needs. Supervises, coaches and evaluates work performance in terms of patient care delivery, patient outcomes, customer relations and efficiency/effectiveness of service. Supervises the preparation and maintenance of patient clinical records, and compiles reports on staff performance and medical services rendered. Responsible for maintaining established inventory standards for medicines, solutions, supplies, equipment and correct use of narcotics. Responsible for maintaining educational and competency issues of staff.. Responsible for direct patient care as needed.
Primary Job Duties:
* Supervises staff to provide high quality patient care, including assessment, planning, intervention/evaluation, and monitoring completion of patient education and discharge planning.
* Supervises staff by completing evaluations on time and by initiating disciplinary measures.
* Oversees daily operations of department as demonstrated by maintaining efficient shift management, planning staffing, and maintaining productivity standards.
* Takes part in unit growth and development by sharing in the decision making, exemplifies family centered customer service and conducting regular surveillance rounds, and identifies needs of staff to meet unit demands and promote growth of individual unit.
* Achieves individual professional goals as negotiated with manager(s).
* Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure
* Education: Bachelors of Science degree preferred
* Experience: Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in area of expertise with demonstrated unit leadership ability.
* Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills required. Ability to manage a team and work with others to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form. Ability to perform as effective change agent.
* Hours of work: Non-Exempt/40 hours per week