The Registered Nurse Exchange Tier 3 is able to provided nursing care relief across the ARH system in either of the following: Med/Surg; Peds; Oncology; Telemetry; Post-Partum; OR; Infusion Suite; Dialysis; NBN. RN Exchange Tier 3 requires substantial specialized knowledge, judgement and nursing skills based upon the principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences in the application of the nursing process in the respective departments in which assigned. The RN Exchange Tier 3 must collaborate with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; provide physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; supervising assigned team members and students. Responsibilities
Application of the nursing process in the following:
- Completes patient assessments, formulates plan of care, oversees implementation of plan of care, evaluate and adjust plan of care utilizing critical thinking skills
- The performance of other nursing acts which are authorized or limited by the board, and which are consistent either with American Nursings Association Standards of Practice or with Standards of Practice established by nationally accepted organizations of registered nurses.
- Care, counsel health teaching and promotion, utilizes Teach Back methodology as affirmation of comprehension
- The administration of medication, intravenous therapy and treatment as prescribed by a LIP
- Supervision, delegation and follow-through to other personnel in the performance of activities relating to nursing care.
- Mentors and precepts students and orients new staff as assigned
- Reports up chain of command Clinical Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager/House Nurse Coordinator pertinent information
- Participates on various teams, committees or performance improvement initiatives
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for patients, coworkers and self
- Participates in Discharge Planning and Transition of Care (able to define pt needs)
- Serves as a patient advocate and escalates patient related concerns timely
- Timely documents pertinent findings in medical record
- Assist patients in performing activities of daily living and functions as an active team member
- Assumes responsibility for personnel professional development
- Utilizes effective communication skills and active listening, exhibits compassionate and empathetic attitude
- Practices Hands Off communication utilizing SBAR; Performs Bedside Shift reporting utilizing SBAR (unless contradicted)
- Functions as a positive influence, role model and adheres to professional code of conduct
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of all matters relating to patients
- Refer to Special Addendum and Staff Nurse Position Description
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
The provision of guidance by a qualified nurse for the accomplishment of a nursing task with periodic observation and evaluation of the performance of the task including validation that the nursing task has been performed according to established standards of practice [201 KAR 20:400 Section 1 (7)].
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED; Lic. Registered Nurse in State; Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum Work Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year acute care nursing experience (1) year of experience should be relevant to specific department in which they will be working. Evidence of clinical expertise in area of practice refer to addendums for additional requirements. Experience with Electronic Health Record Preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Registered Nurse License; EKG interpretation Competencies for Telemetry Units, Recovery Room. Oncology Certification for Oncology Unit or Infusion Suite in which Chemo is given.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Evidence of clinical expertise in area of practice, i.e. Dialysis, Telemetry
Able to operate essential equipment in area of expertise without assistance i.e. Dialysis Unit. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with providers at all levels essential.
Must be self-directed, able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally and effectively influence others to achieve necessary outcomes.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate a working environment conducive to change, enabling positive outcomes in a highly complex system.
Must possess basic computer skills.
Ability to pass Medication Exam.