Wexford Healthcare Center -
Wexford Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a RN Nursing Supervisor for the 3-11 shift to join our team. Competitive salary based on years of prior nursing experience.
The position of RN Nursing Supervisor delegates, supervises, and provides personal nursing care for residents and leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The position must function as a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on supervising the delivery of quality care, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make sure that sufficient nursing staffing levels are met to ensure delivery of quality resident care.
- Assist in orientation and training of new employees and participate in their ongoing training.
- Develop and communicate shift assignments for nursing staff and monitor job performance to assure that staff are performing their work assignments within acceptable nursing standards.
- Assist in scheduling as needed.
- Communicate with ancillary departments and nursing staff at shift change on resident conditions, needs and concerns.
- Ensure that all nursing staff follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Keep the Director of Nursing and Unit Managers informed of staff, resident, family, and/or center concerns/needs and other related information and assist with solutions as needed.
- Review reports from other shifts and ensure follow-up as needed on resident care and related matters.
- Assist in performance evaluations of nursing staff.
- Ensure that the census report is accurate and recorded in EHR according to policy.
- Investigate resident/family complaints and incidents.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources.
- Manage the resources available in the role of nurse supervisor while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents.
- Provide professional nursing care to residents.
- Participate in the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate.
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable and safe environment for residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation, records and charts to ensure an accurate, up to date record of the residents medical treatments.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
- Provide leadership to the staff and create loyalty to the organization, its mission, and its goals by leading by example.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as an RN in the state where the center is located.
- Must have previous long term care experience.
- Previous supervisory/management experience required.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nations largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.