*Morgan Stanley Investment Management (“MSIM”), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 1,100 investment professionals around the world and $1.6 trillion in assets under management or supervision as of December 31, 2021. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide strong long-term investment performance, outstanding service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.*
*Morgan Stanley Real Assets Overview:*
Morgan Stanley Real Assets (“MSRA”) is the global real assets investment management arm of Morgan Stanley. MSRA is comprised of 5 investment teams focused on real estate and infrastructure equity and credit strategies, both private and listed. With 21 offices in 14 countries throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia, regional teams of dedicated real assets professionals combine a unique global perspective with local presence and significant transaction execution expertise. As of December 31, 2021, MSRA manages $57 billion of client AUM worldwide.
MSRA is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Investor Coverage Professional to join its team in New York. The candidate will be a part of the Global Investor Coverage team and work closely with internal stakeholders to provide investor relations/business development support, including CRM system management and reporting, written and oral communications, market and competitor research and analysis, presentations, fund offering documents, investor due diligence materials, and organization and planning of certain investor-related meetings, conferences and events. Attention to detail is critical to success in the position, alongside the ability to multitask and efficiently utilize resources. Additionally, the candidate needs to be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills are a must, as is the ability to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate has one to three years of experience and/or previous experience in investor relations / client relationship management and can operate both independently and in a team environment.
* Working as part of the Global Investor Coverage team, including support all aspects of investor relations / client relationship management, business development and fundraising activities, including development, preparation and tracking of pre-marketing and marketing activities and related materials, offering documents distribution, competitor information, client meeting notes, and investor prospect pipelines
* Maintaining, coordinating the updates and distribution of marketing materials / collateral for overall Real Assets and specific investment teams / fund strategies, both standard and customized, including investor presentations and offering documents
* Providing day to day support to the broader Investor Coverage / Sales team
* Coordinating, drafting, and ensuring completion of investor requests/queries, Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), reporting requests, both recurring and ad hoc, in coordination with, the COO and Investment teams, Fund Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance and the Investor Services team
* Supporting the planning, preparation and implementation of various investor meetings
* Client event planning, ad hoc or at select industry events, including all related logistics
* Maintain prospective investor lists, tracking activities and follow-up as appropriate
* Research investor prospects
* Maintaining investor data rooms, including managing access, controls and relevant updates
Other ad hoc projects as required
* One to three years post-graduate experience (prior experience in investor relations / business development preferred)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, and represent the Firm in a professional manner
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
* Highly organized with good commercial judgment, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a self-directed environment while simultaneously managing competing priorities, including long-term projects and ad hoc requests
* Sharp analytical skills and superior attention to detail
* Professional maturity and the ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
* Experience working in a team environment
* Self motivated and a team player with a positive attitude
* Responsive to stakeholder needs, ability to work under pressure, and with flexibility, to meet tight deadlines and demonstrated ability to anticipate requests / needs
* Series 7 licensed, or required to sit for and pass the Series 7 exam
* Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
/This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment. /
Morgan Stanley and its affiliated companies are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or because of any other criteria prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Accordingly, applicants will be referred to Morgan Stanley solely on the basis of individual merit and achievement. Morgan Stanley takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other prohibited criterion.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
**Job:** **Asset/Investment Management*
**Title:** *Real Assets - Investor Coverage Professional*
**Location:** *New York-New York*
**Requisition ID:** *3215518*