Eckerd Connects Project Bridge
Eckerd Connects' Project Bridge provides transitional services to boys and girls ages 11-21 reintegrating back to their home communities from residential commitment programs. Through an innovative partnership, this program supports the mission and vision of the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) to increase post-placement stability of youth through transition coordination from residential placement.
Please click on the link for more information about the program: https://eckerd.org/juvenile-justice-services/community-based-services/project-bridge
The Regional Discharge Specialist is the primary point of contact between our program staff and successfully discharged clients. The Regional Discharge Specialist develops a network of partners that support discharge clients.
- Attend/conduct activities in the community relating to employment services and connect with employers and community organizations on a frequent basis to market and enrich the program and the success of the participants.
- Maintains regular contact with clients to monitor needs and suggest resources to better prepare for risk factors, triggers or barriers.
- Works with participants to develop appropriate referrals.
- Assists in the development and documents job duties, and follows up with participants regularly to ensure satisfaction and success.
- Develop and/or strengthen relationships with local employers, colleges, military, and social service agencies leading to fulfillment aftercare well-being objectives.
- Enter data collected on internal and/or state system. Maintain accurate participant records, performs filing and general clerical functions. Tracks and reports on placement activities. Works with staff to identify concerns and propose solutions.
- Program open house, minimum one event/quarter (Specialized training's, job fairs, life skill classes).
- Understands the impact of aftercare well-being as part of youth success, as it relates to program outcome measures and recidivism rates.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Related Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University preferred.
Experience: 1+ years relevant work and/or volunteering experience with at-risk youth.
Skills: Excellent people skills and ability to build relationships. Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of participants, staff, and community. Basic knowledge and understanding of issues that affect people with barriers and disabilities. Strong process orientation: Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The environment is an open office/classroom type facility that is reasonably clean and comfortable. The incumbent is in a non-confined setting in which he/she is free to move about. The position requires that the incumbent spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
Other: - Must have appropriate and valid state drivers license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerds Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements. Travel up to 40% of the time.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerds Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary term life insurance
Paid short-term and long-term disability
Professional group liability insurance
19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
8 paid holidays
Flexible spending accounts
Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
Cell phone plan discounts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Referral Program
Flexible work schedules
Employee Wellness/Well-Being program