Provides quality service to the Residents.
• Receives and communicates appropriate information to staff and keeps Unit Manager informed of changes, needs, complaints, etc.
• Contributes to the MDS assessment through data collection and documentation.
• Transcribes physician’s orders according to procedure.
• Refers ideas and concerns to the Unit Manager.
• Administers medications, treatments and enteral feedings as prescribed by the physician.
• Performs venipuncture and intravenous insertion if IV certified.
• Responds to emergencies involving Residents and/or the unit.
• Contacts physician, family, and pastoral care staff in the event of a Resident's serious illness and as needed.
• Confers on and assists with changes in section assignments and evaluation of workload and adjusts daily assignments as needed.
• Documents staff performance and forwards it to the Unit Manager as needed.
• Clinically supervises LPN and CNA staff.
• Clinically supervises LPN and CNA trainees during the orientation program.
• Attends inservices and staff meetings as scheduled and assigns LPNs and CNAs as directed by the Unit Manager.
• Participates in the Quality Assurance program by conducting audits and submitting results in writing to the Unit Manager.
• Assists the Unit Manager in the implementation of new procedures.
• Assessment, care planning, evaluation of resident care.
• Teaches residents and families based on identified needs of resident.
• Provides educational support to LPN’s and CNA's.
• Assists colleagues on the assigned unit and within the facility
• Documents nursing care in the medical record (integrated progress notes, flow sheets).
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Geriatric nursing experience preferred.
• New York State Registered Nurse License required.
• CPR Certification required.
Street: ArchCare at San Vincente de Paul Residence
Shift Start Time: 7am
Shift End Time: 3:15PM
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/
Post End Date: 9/30/2022