Northern Illinois Academy, a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility in Aurora, IL, serves youth ages 6-21 who have major mental health and/or developmental issues. Our87 bed facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
We are looking for a full time or PRN Registered Nurse to serve a dynamic group of children with psychiatric disorders and Autism. The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care and management of children and adolescents (ages 6 to 21) with psychiatric illness as prescribed by the psychiatrist and physician. The RN will alsoprovide medical management and medication administration as prescribed by a physician. The RN supports residents by providing safety and crisis management for patient populations, and completes nursing assessments/evaluations on all patients.
* Knowledge of psychiatric assessment, diagnosis and intervention with children and adolescent patients.
* Ability to accurately administer medication and monitor side effects.
* Ability to delegate responsibility to other staff and monitor their performance.
* Ability to safely implement special treatment procedures.
* Skill in developing therapeutic relationships with children, adolescents and their families.
* Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate medical record documentation.
* Six months to one year related experience in a residential psychiatric setting preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
* Current IL State Registered Nurse's Licensure.
* CPR and First Aid certification.
* Current IL Driver's License
* Must pass a Physical exam, Drug test and TB test.
* Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
* Must pass Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training at time of hire.