Student Support Services/ RN
Maple Grove Middle School
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Provide emergency care for sick or injured school children, assess the health status of students and school personnel, advise students, parents and staff regarding health issues, and conduct preventive and health education services.
- Assess health status and perform first aid, emergency care and other illness interventions according to school district guidelines.
- Administer medication and/or specialized health care treatments to students as directed by physicians and authorized by parents or guardians.
- Asses the health and developmental status of the school age student, through district health screening programs. Facilitate referrals to health care agencies or facilities when requested.
- Promote and maintain health and well-being of students, families and school personnel by health teaching and health conseling.
- Develop Individual Health/Emergency Plans for those students with special needs. Commuicate with families, teachers, and staff regarding the development and implementation of these plans. Periodically evaluate plans and revise as necessary.
- Prevent and control communicable disease through health status, and implementation of the state immunization law.
- When required participate in staffing regarding students with special needs and assume responsibility for contributions to the health component of the IEP (Individual Education Plan).
- Maintain health records on all students enrolled in the school.
- Excuse or readmit students for health reasons in accordance with the building procedure and county health department exclusion guidelines.
- Complete student accident report forms for students needing doctor's attention and/or resulting in a loss of school time.
- Train and supervise volunteers/staff whenever they are used in the health services program.
- Complete duties of Qualified Professional related to Third Party Billing per Department of Human Resources and District requirements.
- Serve as a resource to faculty for health education purposes.
- EDUCATION: Must be a Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Minnesota
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
1) Basic first aid and health screening
2) Ability to communicate and foster positive working relationships with students, patrents and staff.
3) Ability to teach health information to student groups.
4) Public health background preferred.
5) Current CPR
6) Computer skills preferred.
Start Date: November 25, 2019
Bargaining Unit: Nurses
Salary Range: See Nurse Contract