As a nurse with Correct Care Solutions (CCS), you will have the opportunity to practice patient care the way youve always wanted. Our nurses enjoy competitive pay and benefits in an autonomous though supportive work environment. Numerous growth opportunities are available to our nurses while feeling that they are continually using their nursing skills and abilities.
As a CCS Nurse, you'll treat patients who typically go without access to health care. For patients that reside in a corrections or psychiatric hospital environment, the friendly, compassionate and nonjudgmental interaction that you provide can be a highlight in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join CCS today.
Our Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Under the supervision of the Charge Nurse(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
**Education for Registered Nurse:**
+ Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
**Experience for Registered Nurse:**
+ One (1) or more years clinic experience preferred
**Licenses/Certifications for Registered Nurse:**
+ Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state in which you work, or a valid compact state nurse license
+ Current CPR Certification
1. Under supervision of a Charge Nurse, assists in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients in the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
2. Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care, and consults with Charge Nurse(s), DON and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
3. Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
4. Count controlled substances, syringes, needles and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs.
5. Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures and standard precautions.
6. Respond to "code" or patient crisis as set forth by the sites policy and procedure.
7. Implements medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in administration of medications.
8. Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Obtains body fluid specimens and performs EKG's using proper techniques and procedures. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
9. Assists the Health Care Practitioner in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet individual needs of patients.
10. Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper techniques and procedures as ordered by Health Care Practitioner.
11. Documents nursing encounters using the SOAP form of charting as required by policy and procedure.
12. Communicates information to nursing staff, physician, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary.
13. Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
14. Attends mandatory staff meetings and training.
15. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
16. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
17. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
18. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
19. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
20. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Receive relevant communications and updates from Correct Care Solutions
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
So,to Join our Talent Community today!
**Location** _FL, Indiantown_
**Facility** _Treasure Coast Forensic and Treatment Center_
**Recruiter** _Jill Londrow_