Excellent opportunity to gain knowledge while working with children. Multiple shifts available. Rewarding experience. Offering a $2,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
Located in Albuquerque, NM,Bernalillo Academyis a beautiful 62-bed sub-acute residential treatment center that serves youth between the ages of 5 and 18 with Autism, Aspergers, and emotional and behavioral disorders.
We have a need for a full-time Registered Nurseto provide care to children in the psychiatric setting. Days and nights available. New graduates welcome to apply. We will train onsite.
Job Duties Include:
* Assesses students upon admission and throughout treatment utilizing observational and interviewing skills.
* Reviews overall student status every shift by reviewing physician orders, student treatment plan, and multidisciplinary notes as applicable.
* Helps to develop an individualized treatment plan in conjunction with student, family and multidisciplinary team.
* Identifies short and long term measurable goals, including discharge planning, consistent with student care standards, nursing practice, and policies and procedures.
* Provides direct nursing care based on patient treatment plan.
* Maintains a safe and therapeutic milieu.
* Documents on all appropriate clients care topics/events/interventions.
* Evaluates and documents the effectiveness of care and modifies nursing components of the patients treatment plan accordingly.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and be legally licensed in the state of NM (or another compact state) to practice nursing by the State Board of Nursing.
* License must be current.
* Prefer one year nursing experience, with some previous experience working with children/adolescents ages twelve to eighteen in a mental health or related fields.
* Psychiatric nursing experience with a child / youth population is highly preferred.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 60 days.
* Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
* Company provided ADD insurance
* Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Plan
* 401K after 60 days
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Daily Pay - a company sponsored benefit that allows employees to access a portion of their base wages in advance of their payday
Bernalillo Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer