Job Objective: A Registered Nurse who is responsible for the nursing care of patients in the Progressive Care setting guided by policies and procedures of the Progressive Care Unit and hospital.
1. Nursing Process:
A. Applies nursing process in direct patient care
1. Assessment of physiological, psycho social, educational, cultural, andspiritual needs of patient as evidenced by written assessment within onehour of admission and visual assessment within fifteen minutes of arrival.
2. Documents written assessment every four hours on HTR flow sheet.
3. Reassesses patients needs every four hours and more often whennecessary and documents in HTR flow sheet and patient care plan.Provides further interventions as necessary and re-evaluates outcomes.
B. Care of acutely ill patient
1. Monitors vital sign, i.e. EKG, Sa02, etc. and intervenes as necessary
2. Initiate emergency medications and IV drips, i.e. Lidocaine, Dopamine,Dobutamine, nitroglycerin, etc.
3. Monitor invasive lines, i.e. central lines, arterial lines, etc.
4. Monitor ventilator patients and intervene when necessary
5. Operate various pain management equipment, i.e. PCA, Epidural, etc.
6. Assess patient for respiratory depressions and/or arrest and interveneImmediately if necessary, i.e. CPR, use ambubag, chin lift maneuvers airways, etc.
7. Responds to codes in unit
8. Insures that patients have a safe post-operative/post-procedural periodincluding conscious sedation
9. Provides age specific and disease specific care and education to patients/families relating to post procedural care
2. Nursing Care Delivery
A. Demonstrates knowledge of patient classification system
B. Demonstrates knowledge of staffing guidelines for Progressive Care unit
C. Demonstrates knowledge of conscious sedation
3. Technical Equipment Operation
A. Operates technical equipment safely, efficiently and accurately
1. Pressure line set up and maintenance
2. Cardiac monitors
3. Insertion, maintenance, withdrawal of blood form arterial line, and removal of arterial line
4. Crash cart/defibrillator/cardiaverison
5. Ventilator management
6. Transvenous pacemaker/non-invasive pacing
7. Femostop/C-clamp for line removal
A. Assists in the maintenance of safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of Progressive Care security policies and procedure
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
1. Meets all required licensure and/or certifications necessary for Registered Nurse
2. ACLS certification required on file in Department of Education
1. National Certification (CCRN) on file with the Department of Education
2. National Certification (Med/Surg) on file with the Department of Education
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern Californias fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our districts nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.