This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP).
This RN position is in the Community Living Center (CLC) at the Lake City VA Medical Center. As a Staff Nurse you will provide prescribed medical treatment & personal care services to ill and injured Veterans. Registered Nurses in the CLCs are responsible for overseeing the nursing care of residents, verifying provider orders, as well as other clinically relevant duties within the scope of the RN license.
Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement will remain open for one year from the announcement open date. The first cut-off date will be 10/14/2019. The second cut-off date will be 01/13/2020. The third cut-off date will be 04/13/2020. The final date will be 07/15/2020. Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement during this period.
Duties listed but are not limited to:
The RN is responsible for awareness of the physical, emotional and spiritual needs for a group of residents and coordinating/providing that care within the scope of practice and policies and procedures of the Community Living Center; the amount of residents differs on each shift.
The RN will oversee and supervise several nursing assistants and LPN's to ensure the patient care is delivered timely and accurately.
The RN will work alongside their nursing care team to ensure the care is delivered; physical, emotional, and spiritual.
Ensure medications are administered timely and accurately, and report medication errors promptly and timely.
The RN works together with the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure everything possible is done according to the resident's wishes.
The RN will ensure daily operations of the neighborhood are carried out smoothly.
The RN will communicate with NM or supervisor any unusual issues, staffing needs, resident incidents.
The RN will identify needs for education of care partners they oversee and either provide or coordinate the provision of that education in a timely manner.
Work Schedule: Evening and Night shifts of 8 and 12 hours available with occasional rotation as needed to meet residents' needs; weekends may be required.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Functional Statement: 573-FS-118-12, 15, 16, 17, 18 Travel Required
3 Job family (Series)
0610 Nurse Similar jobs
- Nurses, Psychiatric
- Psychiatric Nurses
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 07/16/2020.
Basic Requirements :
Preferred Experience: Bachelors in Nursing preferred. One year of satisfactory geriatrics or medical/surgical clinical experience required.Demonstrates dependability and flexibility. Demonstrates strong ability to function independently. Experience working with Interdisciplinary Team. Excellent communication skills. BLS certification required (must provide copy before enter on duty date).
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing ( ACEN ) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education ( CCNE ). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations : The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Physical Requirements: This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. Mechanical inpatient lifts are provided. Incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations, operative/invasive procedures, or home settings. The incumben