Facility in Smithtown Area Long Island -
POSITION DESCRIPTION & EVALUATION
REGISTERED NURSE/REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR
Responsibilities: Perform assigned patient care and related duties in accordance with the policies of the assigned organization and the New York State Standards of Nursing Practice. Reports to the Administrator/designee for compliance with Affinity Medical Staffing policies. Is directly accountable to assigned facility supervisor and medical staff for onsite performance of assigned responsibilities.
Key tasks: Assessment, care plan implementation, therapeutic interventions, medication administration, clinical documentation, patient education and discharge planning.
Qualifications: Current license/registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of NY. Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in US.
Experience: Minimum 1 year full time experience in a hospital (acute care) or Skilled Nursing Facility (long term care) preferred or required by assigned facility.
Requirements: Evidence of current malpractice insurance in the amount of $1/3 million. Successful completion of Affinity Medical Staffing pharmacology and clinical skills testing programs. Current BCLS certification. ACLS required for ICU, ER, NALS for NICU, PALS for Pediatric ICU. Documentation of required annual attendance at Fire Safety and Infection Control education programs or completion of Affinity Medical Staffing annual self study/testing program.
Physical requirements: Submission of physician statement attesting to satisfactory health. 2 step PPD, chest X-ray if indicated by PPD results, immunization history, Hepatitis B vaccination or declination statement. Annual physician statement of satisfactory health including PPD. Must be able to meet physical requirements of assigned organization for RN in assigned areas.
Required attributes: Reliable and Dependable compliance with assigned schedule. Professional accountability for maintaining current credentials on file at Affinity Medical Staffing. Submission of accurate, complete and updated skills assessment and learning needs to Affinity Medical Staffing Office. Timely completion of annual education and health screening requirements.
- Performs patient assessment to identify problems, needs and response to care
- Appropriately reports findings to team members and/or physician
- Participates in care planning
- Performs medication administration and prescribed treatments in accordance with assigned organization policies and procedures
- Performs required skills in accordance with current accepted practice standards. Meets requirements for assigned organization competency evaluation
- Performs clinical procedures and practices in accordance with organization standard
- Effectively instructs patients and families re care and treatment provided
- Documents complete, accurate and timely nursing notes and summaries
- Follows infection control practices and procedures
- Demonstrates care, compassion and patience in dealing with patients and families
- Recognizes problem situations and asks for supervisory assistance as needed
- Performs duties in accordance with Patient/Residents Rights, Pain Management protocols
- Adheres to assigned department and organization rules and regulations
- Adapts to new work methods and other changes without incident
- Meets work standards with minimal supervision
- Maintains confidentiality of internal patient information
- Works with others in a cooperative, friction-free manner