As a Registered Nurse (RN) at MeadowWood Behavioral Health, which is part of the nations leading behavioral healthcare network, you will play an essential role in our organization. You will also make a vital contribution to the health and well-being of individuals in crisis and their loved ones. You will be a pivotal provider of empathetic care.
MeadowWoods Behavioral Health provides comprehensive care within a safe, structured, and highly supportive environment. We have earned a national reputation both for clinical excellence and an unwavering commitment to superior customer service. Your contributions in this position will ensure that we maintain the highest standards and retain our position as a recognized leader in the behavioral healthcare space.
As a Registered Nurse (RN), youll work closely with each person who is entrusted to our care. For these individuals, youll be a valued source of both medical care and compassionate support. You will also be relied on by the other members of our treatment teams for documentation, information, and insights related to the continued progress of the individuals who are healing with us.
This is a challenging, dynamic, and extremely rewarding position. While serving as a Registered Nurse (RN) with us, you will have the opportunity to enhance your current skillset, develop new capabilities, assume greater responsibilities, and become a recognized leader in your field.Every day that you are with us, you will know that your efforts are directly improving the lives of individuals and families in crisis.
MeadowWood Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our employees.Current benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate with shift differential available
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Acadia Healthcare 401(k) plan
- Excellent training program
- Professional growth opportunity that is second to none in the industry. Join a team with defined career paths and a national family of hospitals and facilities
AVAILABLE SHIFTS AND HOURS
We have full and part-time positions available for the 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM shift. The shifts are 8 hours.
The schedule is 1st week: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday through Friday; 2nd week - Monday through Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTERED NURSE (RN):
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing patients physical and behavioral health needs.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans.
- Maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physicians orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patients status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information is gathered and documented.
- Notify physicians of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, change in medical status regarding response to medications, and related challenges.
- Ensure that initial nursing treatment plans are completed upon admission and that all nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note.
- Document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Complete admission and discharge processing efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, respecting personal space, giving patients direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, co-workers, and others involved inpatient treatment.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must possess a current Registered Nurse (RN) license as required by Delaware
- We prefer one year of nursing experience within the clinical area of service provided by the facility.
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification preferred (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First Aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Job Requirements: