Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our healthcare team at the Boonville Correctional Center located in Boonville, MO.
Consider our current PRN positions.
Corizon Health offers Registered Nurses a unique opportunity to maximize the full spectrum of their nursing skills within an ambulatory care setting. Enjoy the variety of correctional healthcare, where nurses benefit from an environment that is different with every patient, every day.
Corizon Health Nurses thrive in a niche environment featuring a variety benefits such as:
- Lower acuity
- Significant advancement and growth opportunities
- Manageable assignments
- Increased variety
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations governing practice.
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Registered Nurse
- Deliver quality care that is consistent within the scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act for Registered Nurses.
- In accordance with local practice acts and regulations, delegate and ensure supervision of nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel appropriate to their scope of practice.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of care delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the patient and other staff members.
- Acts as a patient advocate that promotes the quality of health care delivered in the facility and serve as a leader at all times to promote best practices within the profession of nursing.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Registered Nurse
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
- Mentor and Preceptor Programs
Apply online or contact Nancy James at 800.250.2586 for more information.
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.