The_Center for Cognitive Brain Imaging_at Carnegie Mellon University has a full-time Research Programmer/System Administrator opening starting in the winter of 2020. In this position, you are primarily responsible for developing and maintaining scientific research software for analyzing fMRI brain activation data, and secondarily administering and maintaining a Windows domain of about 20 machines (7-10 users).
Software development responsibilities include design and implementation of 3-D brain activation data analysis software (implemented primarily in MATLAB), implementation of machine learning algorithms, and maintenance of documentation. Also included are occasional maintenance and further development of real-time software for experimental control and data acquisition (implemented in C++). System administration duties include performing off-the-shelf and custom hardware and software installations, systems backup, troubleshooting network, hardware and software failures.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field preferred;
* Some experience programming in an academic/research/industrial setting;
* Familiarity with basic data structures and algorithms;
* Good analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
* Experience in working in a Linux environment and proficiency in administering Windows domain preferred;
* MATLAB coding experience and familiarity with C++ and Python is also beneficial;
* Familiarity with statistics, machine learning methods, and brain imaging is a plus.
* Background check
Please visit_ http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu_ to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at:_ http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/_
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
*Job Function:* Research
*Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
*Req ID:* 2014133
*Time Type:* Full Time
*Minimum Education Level:* Associate's Degree