Respiratory Care Practitioner - $7,500 sign on bonus (FT), Respiratory Care, Rotating Shifts
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Oct 28, 2020
Requisition # 190003RJ
6 weeks on days: 6:30AM - 7:00PM
6 weeks on nights: 6:30PM - 7:00AM
Local RRT to BSRT program at a Colby Sawyer College online with a discounted tuition for Dartmouth-Hitchcock employees.
Sets up and operates various types of oxygen and other therapeutic equipment. Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs.
**Responsibilities:** A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Reviews existing data in patient record. Collects and evaluates additional pertinent clinical information by inspection, palpation, percussion, auscultation and patient interview.
2. Inspects chest x-ray to determine presence of or changes in consolidation, atelectasis, pneumothorax, opacification, position of tracheal tube and other conditions.
3. Recommends respiratory care alternatives to meet patient care objectives. Recommends the collection of additional pertinent data through chest x-ray, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function studies, and other laboratory tests.
4. Performs and evaluates bedside spirometry, pulmonary mechanics and pulmonary function studies. Determines appropriateness of prescribed therapy and goals for identified pathophysiological state.
5. Selects, assembles and checks the equipment for proper function, operation and cleanliness, including correction of malfunctions. Performs procedures for disinfection and sterilization.
6. Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve maintenance of a patient airway, including maintenance of adequate humidification, use of appropriate oro- nasopharyngeal airways, and changing of tracheostomy tubes. Explains planned therapy and goals to patient.
7. Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve removal of bronchopulmonary secretions, and administers prescribed pharmacologic agents.
8. Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate spontaneous and artificial ventilation.
9. Conducts prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation including adjustment of oxygen concentration, adjustment of PEEP/CPAP, and prevention of "iatrogenic" hypoxemia.
10. Evaluates and monitors patient's response to respiratory therapy. Modifies treatment techniques based on patient response to IPPB, incentive breathing devices, aerosol therapy, oxygen therapy and mechanical ventilation.
11. Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory therapy techniques in an emergency setting, including CPR, monitoring and patient transport.
12. Records therapy and results as required by hospital policy and regulating agencies; communicates information to appropriate members of health care team.
13. May assist physician performing bronchoscopy, tracheostomy, and invasive monitoring.
14. Develops education and training programs, and conducting of in-service training for departmental and non-departmental staff.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**
+ Must be licensed in NH as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
+ BLS required in Sleep Disorder Department and Respiratory Care Department
+ ACLS and/or PALS within 6 months of hire for those working in the Respiratory Care Department