Greenwood Healthcare Center -
Greenwood Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Respiratory Therapists (RT, RRT, or CRT) to join our team.
Full Time Positions Available on Day & Night Shifts
Days: 6 am - 6 pm * Nights: 6 pm - 6 am
The position of Respiratory Therapist provides direct respiratory therapy care to the residents. This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting their team members and celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality resident care, the position must also manage the resources that are available to them in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation when needed.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and management of mechanical ventilators.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and management of any other required respiratory equipment.
- Prepare respiratory therapy equipment and resident for transportation, both internally and externally.
- Change equipment, as well as disinfect and sterilize it, in accordance to facility policy and procedure.
- Conduct blood gas analysis.
- Provide artificial airway management.
- Perform aerosolized drug administration.
- Provide oxygen therapy.
- Provide humidity therapy.
- Provide CPAP therapy.
- Perform pulse oximetry.
- Perform capnography.
- Perform specialized pulmonary function testing.
- Perform intermittent positive pressure ventilation.
- Perform incentive spirometry.
- Conduct patient assessment.
- Administrative functions: Perform all charting and documentation duties as necessary.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents and assure that their needs are met.
- Ensure that residents food service needs are met in a timely and compassionate manner.
- Maintain resident documentation records for activities of daily living, restorative programs, and resident specific forms.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain certification and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must possess, as a minimum, a limited permit and be enrolled in a CRTT or RT NBRC approved program, or must be a Registered, Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nations largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.