**Job ID** _82560_
**Position Location** _US-VA-Lawrenceville_
**Facility Name** _Envoy of Lawrenceville_
**Job Category** _CNA_
**Position Location : Street** _1722 Lawrenceville Plank Road_
**Position Location : Zip** _23868_
**Position Status** _PT is 20 - 34 HOURS WK_
**Purpose of Your Job Position**
As a Consulate Health Care Restorative Nursing Aide, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct care to residents receiving restorative nursing. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
**Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Provide direct care to residents receiving restorative nursing to promote the resident’s ability to attain and maintain their maximum function potential and minimize functional decline.
2. Provide direct restorative care; restorative dining, splints, ADL’s, bowel and bladder management, passive and active range of motion, ambulation and transfers.
3. Encourage residents to participate in their assigned programs by providing verbal cueing, one on one, and safety precautions.
4. Maintains documentation on each resident participating in Restorative Program: Daily Note Weekly Summary
5. Works with other disciplines as appropriate.
6. Maintains documentation of completion of residents specific/individualized Restorative Care.
7. Communicates resident changes in condition, refusals to participate in Restorative Care and regression of function to RNM and ot nurse supervisor.
8. Tracks the number and the programs of all restorative programs.
9. Provides Restorative care/program as designated by the Restorative Nurse Manager (RNM) and therapy.
10. Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
11. Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
12. Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
13. Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
14. Participates in Care Plan Conferences as indicated.
15. Participates in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement process and meeting as indicated.
16. May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED equivalent and be certified/registered in the state of practice.
Must maintain a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education to maintain certification.
Minimum one (1) year of experience preferred in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
Knowledge and skills in basic Restorative Nursing principles and practices preferred.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.