A Rig-Up Hand will assist with safely and efficiently rigging-up/rigging-down various jobs on location, loading/unloading trailers with necessary equipment and supplies, and cleaning, maintaining and rebuilding equipment in the field as well as in the yard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with Lead Rig-Up Hand, Rig-Up Manager, and/or Yard Manager regarding job.
• Ensure rig-up trailer is loaded with necessary equipment & supplies to complete the job.
• Safely and efficiently execute rig-up and rig-down of job sites.
• Prepare paperwork including, but not limited to, DVIR, JSA, Rig-Up & Rig- Down Sheets, Job Checklist, Loadout Forms, and DOT Inspections.
• Assist in maintenance of equipment in the field as well as in the yard.
• Clean and maintain rig-up trucks, trailers and heavy equipment.
• Observes safe working practices, safety rules, and regulations by adhering to correct SOP & HSE procedures. Initiates job safety analysis (JSA) procedures and hazard recognition practices prior to any job task. Corrects hazards immediately or reports to the Field Operations Manager, District Manager, and/or HSE Manager.
• Communicate effectively with employees, the client representative and/or other third party service companies.
• Willingly utilize various company-supplied resources such as HazardScout, Wells Fargo, ADP, etc.
• Wears appropriate PPE as required.
• Driving forklift, skytrack, and other equipment as required.
• Participates in all JSA meetings and leads JSA meetings as required.
• Maintain a clean shop and yard to include, but not limited to sweeping, picking up trash, power washing pad, etc. Drivers (CDL & non-CDL) will accurately maintain all required paperwork, files, and logs.
• Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains records and receipts.
• Submits all timesheets and approved reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Comply with Attendance Standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Class A or B CDL is preferred, but not required.
• Valid/current safety-related training including, but not limited to, Safeland, H2S, First Aid/CPR, etc.
• Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
• Ability to work individually and part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude as well as one that reflects the Company’s culture.
• Maintain professional demeanor.
• Must be organized and possess good time management skills.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
+ Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
+ Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions, including inclement weather.
+ Ability to work weekends and overtime as required unless scheduled time off has been approved.
+ Ability to be on call 24/7 unless scheduled time off has been approved.
+ Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
+ Ability to swing 8-10 pound hammer repetitively.
+ Ability to travel to various remote locations, often up to several hours of driving per day.
+ May be required to be clean shaven.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)