Want to work at a tech company where your contribution saves lives? Are you looking for a work-life balance, and the opportunity to work with smart people?
Meteorcomm is a growing global telecommunications company that provides data solutions for the railroad industry. We’re not a start-up, and not a Fortune 500 company. Basically, we offer the best of both worlds! Our team is friendly, and there’s lots of longevity (we invest in our employees). Hey, you can even bring your dog to work. Also, we don’t want you to spend your life in the car, so we are a great commute from downtown or anywhere south of Bellevue or north of Tacoma. If this sounds interesting to you, then let’s talk.
- Build numerous automated tests scripts for existing test harnesses using Cucumber and Ruby.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Participate in test automation of back offices in a virtual environment.
- Assist defining strategies for load and performance testing.
- Test the product and documentation as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+years recent testing experience in a Linux environment must have experience on at least 3 automation projects.
- Ability to build numerous automated test scripts for existing test harness using Cucumber, Ruby, and Python.
- Must have created automation for Linux based applications and be confident in describing an automation strategy.
- Agile SCRUM experience; must be capable of running daily triage and interfacing with Product Managers & Development Leads.
- Tester with previous ownership of a major software component or many medium components.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Understanding technical specifications and log file analysis.
- Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with customers on previous projects.
- Able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers – you have an opinion and are capable of getting across your ideas in a respectful and meaningful way.
- Working knowledge of tools such as Rally.
- Previous experience with setting up or performing testing on virtual test platforms.
We are an E-Verify Employer
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability