SDN & Automation NI Engineer
Dallas, Texas, United States (https://aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/82777/other-jobs-matching/location-only)
5 additional locations
Seattle, Washington, United States (https://aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/82777/other-jobs-matching/location-only?location\_id=3805) Virtual Office California, California, United StatesVirtual Office New York, New York, United States (https://aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/82777/other-jobs-matching/location-only?location\_id=974) Chicago, Illinois, United StatesOttawa, Ontario, Canada (https://aluperf.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/82777/other-jobs-matching/location-only?location\_id=722)
NI Network Infrastructure
2200000BIF Requisition #
Apply for Job Share this Job Sign Up for Job Alerts
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks, and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecom networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise. You will be part of our Network Infrastructure SDN & Automation team focused on a wide variety of Nokia products such as:
- Nuage Networks (Software-defined Networking and SDWAN platform including WBX switches)- SRLinux (Open hardware routers)- FSS (Fabric Services System)- ENC (Edge Network Controller)- XNO (Network Orchestrator)
Our team does the TPM (Technical Project Management), NPI (New product introduction / Presales), NI (Network Integration / Installation) and RE (Resident Engineer) functions for those products. This role is for an NI (Network Integration) Engineer focused on the implementation cycle for such products and on building tools to automate them. NI Engineers engage with the Service Delivery, Project Management teams, and end customers, to perform installations to Telco and large Enterprise customers within North America. The role allows you to showcase your deep technical nature and customer mindset. The primary aim will be to maintain current Nuage Customers and to transition gradually to implement and automate other tools such as FSS, ENC, XNO, and SRLinux.
What you will learn and contribute to
You will play a critical role in projects that support the most important Telco and Large Enterprise customers in North America and gain an understanding of the corporate environment of a 100,000+ employee global and multi-cultural organization.
Your skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related practical work experience.
- Knowledge of Nokia SDN & Automation products, specifically Nuage, FSS, ENC & XNO.
- Experience with the following technical concepts: BGP, L2 / L3 (TCP/IP), CLOS architecture, EVPN, IGP, Linux Routing, MPLS and Segment Routing
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts such as storage, security, and Load Balancing Infrastructure, KVM, Vmware / ESXi, Openstack or Redhat OOO, and Amazon, Google, and Azure public cloud knowledge
- Knowledge of scripting and automation such as CICD Pipeline, Python / Golang, Ansible, JSON-RPC, Netconf / Yang, SNMP, Bash, and /or XML
- Knowledge of DevOps
It would be nice if you have
- Knowledge of container virtualization and networking: Kubernetes, OpenShift, and/or Google Anthos
- Observability and telemetry stack knowledge: Elasticsearch, Grafana / Kibana, Graylog, Prometheus, and/or Logstash
- Experience with Nokia SROS but also knowledge of our competitors such as Arista, Cisco, and Juniper
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs, and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
+ Vaccination Requirements : FOR US ONLY: Nokia employees, wherever required by law or contractual obligation, must receive a COVID-19 vaccination or an otherwise approved accommodation based upon applicable law.