Our culture believes in **_POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL_** . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what **_#LifeAtCummins_** is all about.
We are looking for a talented **Service Administrator** to join our team specializing in **Primary Customer Contact** for our **Cummins Sales** **and Service** in **San Leandro, CA**
**In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:**
* Serves as primary customer contact to promote quality customer service and increase business within the branch location
* Serves as the primary point of contact with customers either on the phone or at the branch, developing positive relationships with key customers
* Analyze customer’s needs, gathers pertinent information, and opens work orders;
* Provides quotes, develops claims, prepares repair plans, schedules work, and provides status updated to customers on repair work
* Creates complex work orders including, diagnostic plans, quotes and repair plans by determining the length of repair based on parts and labor availability;
* Reviews plans with the Service Supervisor/Team Lead prior to customer contact
* Works with the Service Supervisor and/or Team Lead to schedule job assignments, develops positive relationships with key customers;
* Resolves customer concerns regarding Cummins' or distributor warranties;
* Explain charges to customers
* Monitors key performance metrics for the workshop, including labor productivity and customer satisfaction
**To be successful in this role you will need the following:**
* **Diagnostics Application -** Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment
* **Warranty Process -** Analyzes customer issues to verify root cause of failure and associated progressive damage using Cummins published service information
* **T** **echnical Escalation -** Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools
* **Electronic Service Tool Application -** Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event
**Compensation and Benefits**
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
**Cummins and E-verify**
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
**Primary Location** United States-California-San Leandro-US, CA, San Leandro, Cummins Pacific 14775
**Job Type** Experienced - Exempt / Office
**Recruitment Job Type** Office
**Job Posting** Jul 27, 2021, 4:00:47 PM
**Unposting Date** Ongoing
**Req ID:** 200002ZY