Are you looking for a dynamic and innovative career with a full-service technology company? GDC IT Solutions is currently recruiting fora SQL Database Administrator in the York, PA area. Position Overview
The SQL database administratortranslates logical data designs and models and implements in the database. Performs a variety of functions related to the design, configuration, implementation and maintenance of database connectivity middleware and associated tools; the installation and upgrade of database related server software; data storage management; database backup and recovery; database management system resource utilization and tuning; and database administration process improvement and TQM. Responsibilities
- Translates logical data designs and models into physical database designs and models, and implements those designs in the database.
- Designs and/or configures, implements and maintains database connectivity middleware, database replication facilities and distributed databases.
- Installs and upgrades appropriate software.
- Write complex T-SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Write SSIS packages to support existing maintenance and auditing processes.
- Backup and Restore Data(Commvault).
- Analyze and Recommend Database Improvements.
- Debug Database Issues on Live Datas.
- Manages storage associated with database management systems and assists operating systems administrators with storageallocation and planning related to database management systems.
- Monitors and optimizes the performance of the database management system.
- Designs backup and recovery strategies and performs database management system recoveries.
- Assists in the definition of standards, policies, procedures and methodologies associated with database administration functions, including those used to measure and improve the quality and productivity of database administration.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or other related field required.
4-5 years of experience as a SQL Database Administrator.
Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
Experience with T-SQL queries and stored procedures to provide maintenance to SQL Servers.
Experience writingSSIS and SSRS packages to support existing maintenance and auditing processes.
Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
Strong Technical and Interpersonal Communication.
Ability to deal with many very large SQL databases in a fast-paced environment.
- Commvault experience preferred.
- Previous experience with DBA third party tools (Idera) preferred.
What We Do
GDC IT Solutions (GDC) is a full-service Information Technology (IT) company providing solutions that empower businesses to increase employee productivity, maximize investments, and improve operational efficiencies. With experienced and certified professionals, we deliver services in the areas of application development, data center, 24/7 multilingual service desk, desktop lifecycle management, project management, business process consulting, and IT staff augmentation.
What Makes GDC Different:
Our employees are our greatest asset continually driving our success each and every day. We attract and maintain the best talent to provide a personal customer experience at every touchpoint. Our technology professionals care about day-to-day client interactions and resolving customer issues quickly and efficiently, the first time. We deliver services with a code of high ethical responsibility, both to protect our clients and to assure that the work is carried out at the maximum level of professionalism. We are technology experts remaining one step ahead as technology evolves and constantly engaging to understand our clients business technology needs in order to deliver the best possible solution.
Why Work for GDC?
- Cutting Edge Technology and Innovation: GDC fully supports and embraces continuing education and industry certifications to stay ahead of trends and remain current within the technology landscape. We recognize that our employees add the real value to our clients and to our business. By approaching our daily operations with a passion for innovation and a shared-learning environment, everyone can make a positive difference.
- Career Growth: GDC is one of the fastest growing companies in the region! Sustained growth means ongoing opportunity. Many of our senior leaders have grown within the company, starting with the helpdesk or other entry-level roles to become thought leaders in the fields of IT infrastructure, application development, project management, and business development.
- Employee-Centric Environment: GDC prides itself on employee satisfaction with a firm belief that happy employees are the most productive employees. In appreciation of our employees and their contributions, we sponsor numerous events throughout the year including an annual gala, golf, lunch barbeques and more.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: GDC offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, prescription, vision, 401(k), short and long-term disability, and group life
- Holiday and Vacation: GDC firmly believes in a comfortable work-life balance, and we offer comprehensive holiday and paid-time-off (PTO) packages. We provide a generous PTO package, and we encourage our staff to use it whether its for vacation or other personal reasons everyone needs time to relax and refresh.
Equal Opportunity Workplace:
GDC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Visit our Career Center for the latest employment opportunities.