**Hours of Work :**
**Days Of Week :**
**Work Shift :**
10X4 Mid/Evening (United States of America)
**Job Description :**
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for patients. The Surgical Technician II Certified understands the procedure being performed and assures that all equipment, instrumentation, and supplies are available for the case. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon. Handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Participates in setting up and turning over the operating room for cases.
Your Job Requirements:
• High School Diploma and/or GED equivalent
• Graduate of certified Surgical Technologist program, military trained, or AD in Surgical Technology preferred
• Basic Life Support certified
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) required
• Must have advanced competencies in a minimum of 3 specialties (specialties to be determined by each hospital)
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Anticipate needs of the surgical team and obtains instrumentation and supplies and available for procedure.
• Pass instruments to surgeon and assistant during procedure.
• Assists with terminal cleaning of room and preparation for the following case.
• Begins cleaning up back table and preparing instruments for terminal cleaning and sterilization as circulator prepares patient to leave the room.
• Place instruments back in the tray for transport to SPD.
• Responsible for knowing and adhering to all policy and procedures such as count policy, universal protocol and labeling of medications, etc.
• Works with students and inexperienced staff on correct method for passing and retrieving instruments during surgical procedures.
**Methodist Mansfield Medical Center** is a 262-bed, full-service hospital that serves the communities of Mansfield, Arlington, Grand Prairie, and the surrounding areas. In addition to being a Magnet®-designated hospital, we have full-service interventional cardiology services, including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care. The hospital has been honored as one of the Best Hospitals, Emergency Departments, and Maternity Wards by several publications. Methodist Mansfield strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
• Magnet®-designated hospital
• Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
• Level III Neonatal facility and Level III Maternal Facility
• Voted best hospital and best emergency department by _Living_ _Magazine_ and _Arlington Today_ _Magazine_
• Level III Trauma Center
• Accredited Chest Pain Center and Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
• _Top Performer on Key Quality Measures_ ® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and stroke care
Our Care Commitments
• Take Care of Patients
• Take Care of Each Other
• Take Care of Ourselves
• Take Care of Methodist
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Methodist Health System (MHS) to select, develop, and promote employees based on individual ability and job performance. It has been, and will continue to be, the policy of MHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of employer-employee relations without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, marital status, genetic information or ancestry. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, an employee’s compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, training, development, transfer all other privileges of employment. MHS is committed to maintain a working environment free of intimidation, workplace discrimination and harassment. Retaliation or attempted retaliatory behavior that occurs as a result of an employee’s exercise of their rights under this policy or any other statutorily protected right is strictly prohibited and will be grounds for disciplinary action.