Overview of Position
The Route Sales Supervisor is accountable to the Sales Manager assisting in daily operations of the Off-Premise Sales Department. The Route Sales Supervisor oversees all logistics of the territory structure and the Off-Premise Sales team. The Route Sales Supervisor works closely with the Sales Manager to execute sales plans and promotional activity to meet budget revenue and cost objectives. In order to meet customer expectations and maintain positive customer relationships, the Route Sales Supervisor will fill in as needed for open routes by performing the job duties of the Area or Regional Salesperson. A successful Route Sales Supervisor will perform all duties in accordance with company policy, standards or established procedures. A commitment to teamwork, a clean, professional appearance, enthusiasm, customer-focused behaviors and a high energy level are necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Customer Service
- Identify off-premise customers for service.
- Establish and enhance customer relations through direct contact with customer base.
- Coordinate and executes multiple off-premise programs.
- Enhance Customer Service Excellence by conducting market visits/audits gaining customer input
- Coordinate and execute point of sale (POS) relating to promotional and or special activity by account or market.
- Support Brand Integrity.
- Provide off-premise data to Sales Manager as required.
- Schedules adequate staffing for daily operations and/or safely and properly performs functions of any open department position as required.
- Professional interaction with Shop General Manager and supporting staff.
- Works with sales team in compiling explanations of data for the reconciliation process.
- Forecast and project product needs; communicate vertically and ensure implementation.
- Communicates and works with sales team regarding order entry.
- Responsible for communication of and adherence to Krispy Kreme standards for facility and grounds regarding the sales team
- Works directly with Sales Manager to plan and communicate truck needs and availability.
- Works with service provider in negotiations, quotes, invoicing, warrantee work, etc.
- Provides data collection and entry into the AS-400
- Logistics for truck(s) referenced for repair or CER process.
- Review fuel statements weekly for discrepancies. Validates and sends to Sales Manager for approval.
- Train new and current sales team members and assist Sales Manager with data to complete related documentation as required
- Support all training initiatives
- Identify needs and qualifications of sales team members for succession planning
- Determine and communicate needs for product displays.
- Assemble and deliver product displays as needed.
- Assign use of handheld computer where applicable.
- Perform routine cleaning, maintenance and training proper use of handheld computer where applicable.
Safety and Sanitation
- Communicate and execute all safety related directives, conduct safety meetings and training and participates in monthly corporate safety conference call.
- Monitors compliance of safety related behavior and guidelines, takes immediate course of action against non-compliance.
- Communicate and execute Krispy Kreme standards relating to food service transportation and handling.
- Investigate accidents and complete proper procedures and documentation, report to Off-Premise Sales Manager within guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation standards
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean and neat uniform at all times
- Drive safely and abide all appropriate traffic rules and regulations
- Maintain a clean vehicle at all times
- Maintain clean sales displays
- Report all moving violations and accidents involving injury or property damage immediately
- Utilize the Vehicle Inspection and Damage Report Form to perform routine maintenance checks as required
- Keep company vehicle clean
- Perform basic maintenance such as checking the oil
- Report any vehicle maintenance concerns to a supervisor
- Assist the Sales Management in the shuttling of trucks from the shop to the service provider
- Uphold an ethic of teamwork with fellow employees
- Maintain a sincere, courteous and respectful demeanor with coworkers, team members, supervisors and customers
- Work with management and team members to improve performance and implement new initiatives
- Use good judgment and avoid risk taking while operating a company vehicle
- Assist Sales Management with the checking of product returns and the settling of territory accounting to ensure accuracy for the sales staff and customers
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passion for the Brand and excellence
- Quality Focused
- Ability to lead a team
- Coaching, Follow Through Skills
- Demonstrate and teach safe vehicle operations and behavior
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Interpersonal skill set (i.e., professionalism, integrity, self-motivated, respectful of self and others, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Job Duties and Skills required for all sales team member positions
- Extensive knowledge of all territories in a shop region or market
- Organizational skills
- Successfully complete Territory Sales Training Program
- Ability to drive and operate delivery vehicle safely for considerable amounts of time in various environmental conditions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read and write
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must meet Krispy Kreme driving standards (21 years of age and three year clean driving)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and Motor Vehicles Report
- Previous Territory/Route Sales experience preferred
- Previous job stability preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Carrying Bending Stooping Grasping/Gripping Standing Sitting
- Lifting Walking Twisting Sweeping Reaching over shoulder
- Writing Mopping Driving Packing doughnut boxes
- Pushing/Pulling Stacking/Unstacking Communicating with customers and co-workers
- Lifting up to 51 pounds occasionally; and /or up to 25 pounds frequently
- Using hand-trucks or carts to push/pull products, often on ramps/lift gates
- Maneuver hand trucks and carts up sidewalk curbs and through store aisles.
- Considerable amounts of driving, approximately 3 6 hours per day, typically in a Box Delivery Truck with automatic transmission
- Frequently involves working evening/night shifts, lasting approximately 9-12 hours.
- Lifting, sliding and positioning Dock plates and truck ramp
- Manual product handling t