SATCOM TECHNICIAN III
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
Lead level "hands on" work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment. Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
SATCOM Experience Required
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience working with DSCS or Commercial Satellite Terminals as specified in the task order to include:
X, C, KA, Ku-band, Tri-band Satellite Terminals
FDMA, TDMA, IP Type satellite modems
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.