PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Analytical Scientist supporting the process chemistry group in our client's Pharmaceutical R&D, you will have the opportunity to utilise technical skills and expertise to develop analytical capabilities for an organic chemistry laboratory. You will also have the opportunity to use creative thinking to drive drug development of a variety of unique APIs.
* Possesses a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct complex analysis with increased independence.
* Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices.
* Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision.
* Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
* Enters data into databases and reports.
- Performs a variety of sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and /or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
- Plans and organizes work with periodic supervision.
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Problem solving, either independently or with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
_*Education and Experience: *_
Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Pharmeaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or Organic Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
_*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *_
* Demonstrates competence and experience in proper handling, recording and analysing scientific experimental data
* Knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as HPLC, UV/Vis, FTIR, etc.
* Hands on HPLC experience of at least one year is required
* Has operational knowledge of routine laboratory equipment
* Understands the basic principles, concepts and methodology governing the work performed
* Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
* Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work about documentation and instrument use
* Knowledge of GC and MS is highly preferred
* Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Time management and project management skills
* Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
* Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
_*Working Environment: *_
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
* Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
* Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
* Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
* Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
* Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
* May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
* Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
_*PPD Defining Principles:*_
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
*As a condition of employment with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, in this role, you must have received your Covid-19 vaccine and you must disclose proof of your vaccination status upon employment.*
**Organization:** **US BU*
**Title:** *Scientist - HPLC, GMP, Non GMP, R&D*
**Location:** *PA-Collegeville-FSP Collegeville PA*
**Requisition ID:** *216565*
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group