Req ID: 82153
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US Margate, GB, CT9 4LT Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE Margate, GB, CT9 4LT Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XL
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master for our Digital Team. This is a remote position with a preference that the candidate be located anywhere within the U.S, Canada or the U.K.
The Scrum Master ensures the smooth operation of all Agile team processes and activities. This includes organizing and running daily stand-ups, sprint planning and sizing sessions, backlog grooming sessions, and end-of-sprint ceremonies. The Scrum Master is responsible for tracking sprint progress and burn-down by creating dashboards and reports as needed. In this role, they are responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use.
Key Responsibilities for the Scrum Master role are:?
• Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
• Work closely with Product Owners to drive backlog story grooming and to ensure backlog items are properly and fully defined prior to acceptance into a sprint.
• Resolves impediments to team workflows.
• Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver value quickly and at a high-quality standard.
• Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
• Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
• Coaches the Scrum team in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
• Create metrics to provide teams and the organization with relevant feedback.
• Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Scrum Master position.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline
• Minimum 3 years Scrum Master experience
• Deep knowledge of Agile practices and techniques
• Strong communication and coaching skills
• Knowledge of agile frameworks or methods (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), an understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
• Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
• Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
• Must be fluent in English both written and verbal
• PMP, CSM certifications a plus
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.