Meteorcomm, a global telecommunications company that provides data communications solutions and services for the railroad industry is looking for Scrum Master to support our growing team based out of the Renton area.
The Scrum Master is accountable for working with business delivery teams to deliver key products, both internal and customer-facing, using agile principles. The key to the success of this position is partnering with Product Owners and coaching the team to ensure functionality through ongoing understanding of agile practices.
The Scrum Master is responsible for managing 2-3 cross functional agile teams, assigned to a specific product line to deliver high-quality software solutions. The successful candidate will be an energizing leader, bring strong inter-personal communication and facilitation skills, be detail oriented, thorough, and results focused.
• Act as a servant leader including facilitation, situational awareness, and conflict resolution.
• Organize and facilitate sprint and release planning, daily stand-up, reviews and demos, retrospectives, and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint or Program Increment goals.
• Act as a liaison between the team and external members.
• Mediate conflicts to assist the team in making decisions.
• Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable.
• Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
• Promote transparency and team empowerment across teams.
• Assist with internal and external communication and dependency management, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Operate effectively within the Scaled Agile Framework.
• Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible.
• Support the development managers and project leads as necessary.
• Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures which are instituted as best practices.
• Act as liaison between all functional groups.
• Develop lessons learned documentation.
• Tracks and monitors change board and change requests.
• Communicates, explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
• Organize and conduct agile trainings and brownbag.
• Other job duties as assigned.
Operates under minimal supervision and working with loosely defined problems and requirements related to existing and new company products. The supervision will be either from the Department Manager or a Program Manager for the project system or product being developed for delivery to customers.
Authority and Responsibility:
Has authority to make decisions within the scope of the tasks assigned as long as they conform to the guidelines of the department lead and managers. Suggested new ideas and new ways of doing things are welcomed and will be considered but are subject to management approval.
• Show team spirit and fellowship.
• Shows an attitude of learning and growing.
• Expert in using different Agile frameworks such as Scrum, KanBan, Lean and XP.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Scrum Master with at least one complete Scrum product cycle (two or more preferred).
• At least 3-4 years of experience in Agile project management, with proven history of successful project management within the telecommunications industry preferred.
• Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Ability to work well with engineers and technical people.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure.
• Expert understanding of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to work well using a project management tool such as Agile Central, Jira etc.
• Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development project lifecycles.
• Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegates.
• Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing set of complex projects.
Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner
Basic understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
We are an E-Verify Employer
Meteorcomm is an EEO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories